The Mission Hill Preschool Ministry aims to lead young children to take their first steps towards Jesus. Matthew 19:14 says, “Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me.” The first steps Ministry teaches preschoolers that God made them, that He loves them, and that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. In doing that, we are teaching them to COME to Jesus.
Sundays 9:30 & 11:00
At 9:30, we have a big group Bible study and worship time for 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s. At 8 and 11 AM, children have Bible Study in their classrooms. Both times share the same Scriptural theme but have different crafts and activities. This allows children to participate in both times and ensures there will never be a dull moment! We also have nursery care available all hours for children ages 6 weeks – 2 years old.
Preschool Choir at 6:00 PM
Preschool choir practices on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 – 6:30 PM. They prepare songs to perform for our church family at special events.
AWANA at 6:30 PM
Children ages 2-4 can participate in our AWANA program. Our Puggles (2-Year-Olds) and Cubbies (3-Year-Olds) meet weekly to learn about the truths of God’s Word, through games, crafts, memorizing Scripture, and puppet shows. We also have childcare available during this time for children ages 6 weeks – 2 years whose parents are attending House of Prayer.
WHAT THEY ARE LEARNING
Preschoolers are learning all the time! Here are the Biblical skills we want our Preschoolers to develop while they are in our care, based on Lifeway Christian Resources’ “Levels of Biblical Learning”:
- Develop a growing trust of adults as their needs are met consistently
- Feel loved by adults at church
- Say “Thank you” to God
- Listen to Bible stories read by adults
- Recognize simple pictures of Jesus
- Begin to tell the difference between right and wrong actions
- Identify some Bible characters and stories
- Understand that God, Jesus, and church are special
- Begin to develop a conscience
- Retell Bible stories
- Recognize that God and Jesus love people and help people in special ways
- Express love for God and Jesus
- Remember Bible stories
- Retell Bible stories
- Recognize that God and Jesus love people
- See how God helps people in special ways
- Use the Bible to ask questions about God
- Apply Bible verses to their lifeSee Jesus as a friend and helper